Health Clinic Logistics Volunteer
A major part of SEWA-AIFW’s programming is health clinics, which provide free health checkups to members of our community. For much of 2020 and 2021, these clinics were virtual. With many in the community being vaccinated, and vaccines becoming more widely available, SEWA-AIFW is going to begin in-person health clinics again, with COVID-19 precautions.
The health clinic logistics volunteers will assist in logistics of in-person health clinics, such as managing lines, assisting in registration, and administering simple tests. In-person health clinics will begin June 26 and continue through November.
- Assist in registration and ushering crowd during event.
- Assist in BMI, blood pressure, blood glucose testing (we will provide training).
- Provide logistics assistance to doctors.
- Medical experience is appreciated, but not necessary.
- Willingness to learn!
- Health clinics happen twice a month. Every 4th Sunday, they are at the Hindu Temple of Minnesota in Maple Grove. Every 2nd Sunday, they are at the Bloomington Gurdwara temple.
- Clinics begin at 11am, so volunteers will need to arrive at 10:30am and stay until 2:00pm.
Hindu Temple of Minnesota, 10530 Troy Ln N, Maple Grove, MN 55311
Sikh Society of Minnesota, 9000 W Bloomington Fwy, Bloomington, MN 55431
How To Apply:
Download our volunteer application form below, fill it out, and send it in.
Our volunteer staff will be in touch to get your experience underway!