skip to Main Content
24x7 Crisis Line (952) 912 - 9100

SNAP Assistance

SEWA-AIFW’s SNAP Assistance program is here to answer your questions and guide you through the SNAP process.

SNAP: How to Apply

Option 1: Apply Online

You can apply for SNAP benefits online at Minnesota Department of Human Services. You will need to create an account if you haven’t already. Required documents can be uploaded at the end of your application.

Click here to apply at MDHS

If you are a resident of Hennepin, Olmstead, Wabasha, or Wright County, you apply through MNBenefits.

Click here to apply at MNBenefits

Option 2: Mail-In Application

You can apply for SNAP benefits with a mail-in paper form. Applications must be sent to the county or tribe you live in. Download the application form below.

Combined-Application-Form.pdf (3 downloads)

Click here to see which address you must send your form to

SNAP: Assistance Information

If You Need One-On-One Assistance:

If you need one-on-one assistance, contact our SNAP team. There are also community partners across Minnesota serving various demographics that will help you.

Click here to contact SEWA-AIFW SNAP team

Click here for a list of community organizations that assist with SNAP

You can also submit a referral to for SNAP assistance using MN Food Helper, and a community SNAP specialist will reach out to you.

Click here to visit MN Food Helper

If Your Household is Already Receiving SNAP Benefits:

If you are a member of a household that is already receiving SNAP benefits, contact your county or tribal worker to assess your student eligibility.

You will need to submit documentation that you meet one of the new temporary exemptions, which may include financial aid notices, the expected family contribution determined by your FAFSA, and other forms from your college with your name on it.

You can also bring the DHS form (below) to your financial aid office to fill out on your behalf.

DHS-Financial-Aid-Info-Form.pdf (4 downloads)

SNAP: Assistance Information for College Students

Rent, tuition, and groceries can add up quickly. You don’t have to choose between paying for tuition and food.

You may need to apply for SNAP with other people you live with, including:

  • Your parents (if you are under 22 years old)
  • If you are a parent, your children under 22 years of age
  • Your spouse
  • Anyone else you live with and share the most (2/3) of your meals with

Current SNAP Eligibility Income Limits and Monthly Benefit Amounts

Household Size

Monthly Gross Income

Monthly Maximum SNAP Benefit Amount


$0 – $1,755



$0 – $2,371



$0 – $2,987


Each additional member



Note: Temporarily, all households who qualify for SNAP receive the maximum amounts for their household size as long as there is a federal and state public health emergency due to COVID-19.

Call Now Button
Back To Top