skip to Main Content
24x7 Crisis Line (952) 912 - 9100

SNAP Assistance

SEWA-AIFW’s SNAP Assistance program is here to answer your questions and guide you through the SNAP process.

This page was updated 12/06/21.

SNAP: How to Apply

Option 1: Apply Online

You can apply for SNAP benefits online at Minnesota Department of Human Services. You will need to create an account if you haven’t already. Required documents can be uploaded at the end of your application.

Click here to apply at MDHS

Starting 2/1/2022, any partial ApplyMN applications will no longer be available, and all online applications will need to be submitted using MNbenefits.

State Provides Easy Application for Human Services Programs With MNbenefits

If you are a resident of Hennepin, Olmstead, Wabasha, or Wright County, you apply through MNBenefits. Statewide adoption of this program is coming early in 2022!

Click here to apply at MNBenefits

Option 2: Mail-In Application

You can apply for SNAP benefits with a mail-in paper form. Applications must be sent to the county or tribe you live in. Download the application form below.

Updated Combined Application Form

Click here to see which address you must send your form to

Option 3: In-Person Application & Recertification Assistance

We are now accepting in-person visits to our office for assistance in applying and recertifying SNAP benefits.

If you are recertifying, be sure to bring your recertification letter from DHS.

Click here to contact our SNAP team

SNAP: Assistance Information

If You Need One-On-One Assistance:

If you need one-on-one assistance, contact our SNAP team. There are also community partners across Minnesota serving various demographics that will help you.

Click here to contact SEWA-AIFW SNAP team

Click here for a list of community organizations that assist with SNAP

You can also submit a referral to for SNAP assistance using MN Food Helper, and a community SNAP specialist will reach out to you.

Click here to visit MN Food Helper

If Your Household is Already Receiving SNAP Benefits:

If you are a member of a household that is already receiving SNAP benefits, contact your county or tribal worker to assess your student eligibility.

You will need to submit documentation that you meet one of the new temporary exemptions, which may include financial aid notices, the expected family contribution determined by your FAFSA, and other forms from your college with your name on it.

You can also bring the DHS form (below) to your financial aid office to fill out on your behalf.

DHS-Financial-Aid-Info-Form.pdf (31 downloads)

SNAP: P-EBT (Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer)

P-EBT is a temporary food benefit available to Minnesota families with children who would have received free or reduced-price meals if schools were open.

Have any P-EBT questions?

There are plenty of options to get your questions answered!

  • The P-EBT Hotline is open to callers 8:30am-4pm, Monday through Friday. Call at (651) 431-4608 or (833) 454-0153.
  • You can request help online through the P-EBT Help Form. Click here to access the form.
  • The P-EBT website has also been updated with Summer EBT information and a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. Click here to visit the P-EBT website.

Telephone Assistance Program (TAP)

Telephone Assistance Program and federal Lifeline programs are monthly discounts on one landline telephone per household.

Several landline and cell providers offer discounts to income qualifying households.

How Much Is The Discount?

  • Landline providers offer a $10 discount per month under TAP.
  • Landline, wireless, and broadband providers may give a discount of $7.25 to $9.25 under the federal Lifeline program.
  • There is an additional Lifeline credit available for persons living on Tribal lands.

Am I Eligible For TAP?

There are some requirements for eligibility and information to be provided. To be eligible, you must:

  • Have an income at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
  • Qualify for one of these programs: Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SNAP or food stamps, SSI, Veterans Pension, or Survivors Pension benefits.

In other words, if you are on SNAP, then you automatically qualify for TAP! Telephone service must be in your name to qualify.

What Information Do I Need To Provide?

You will need to show proof that you or someone in your household meet the income requirements or are enrolled in one of the above programs.

How Do I Get Assistance?

For assistance, contact either your service provider or Minnesota Public Utilities Commission’s Consumer Affairs Office at 651-296-0406, toll free at 1-800-657-3782, or by email at consumer.puc@state.mn.us.

Click here to email our SNAP coordinator, Srividhya. You can contact our SNAP team at 612-309-8481.

SNAP: Assistance Information for College Students

Rent, tuition, and groceries can add up quickly. You don’t have to choose between paying for tuition and food.

You may need to apply for SNAP with other people you live with, including:

  • Your parents (if you are under 22 years old)
  • If you are a parent, your children under 22 years of age
  • Your spouse
  • Anyone else you live with and share the most (2/3) of your meals with

Current SNAP Eligibility Income Limits and Monthly Benefit Amounts

Household Size

Monthly Gross Income

Monthly Maximum SNAP Benefit Amount


$0 – $1,755



$0 – $2,371



$0 – $2,987


Each additional member



Note: Temporarily, all households who qualify for SNAP receive the maximum amounts for their household size as long as there is a federal and state public health emergency due to COVID-19.

Back To Top